Tuesday, July 16, 2013

EMTC Weekly Article: Monday July 15

I hope you've been enjoying this beautiful July weekend. 
In the spirit of summer and keeping it light, this week I give you a nice and easy one: Check out SCANADU SCOUT.

No, I do not have any stocks in this, and it is not an ad! 
But my new research fellow from Saudi Arabia showed me this link last week. I don't know what you will think, but I think it's "Cool"! And of course I wonder, how could we use it to help with our patient care? 
- "Would this stop non-emergent visits to the ED in our patient population?" 
- "would it make triaging even faster?"
- " This would be very useful in global health, low-resource settings: small, efficient and fast!"
 - Of course, then comes the question: "how much will this cost?" - It seems to be priced at 149$ each! 
Note, it does not appear to be FDA approved yet. 

Enjoy, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your opinion?